Who is a urologist?
- A urologist is a surgeon who has specialized knowledge and skills in the field of urology.
- Urology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs.
What are the office hours?
The office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. We will be closed on public holidays.
How do I make an appointment?
Simply call us on (08) 9332 2455 and one of our friendly staff will help you make the appointment.
What should I bring with me when I come for the appointment?
- Refferal letter from GP or another specialist.
- Medicare card, DVA card and pension card.
- Private health insurance card and information on level of private health insurance cover. In particular if it allows for you to be admitted into a private hospital if required.
- Copies of blood test results, X-rays and other scans that may have been done already.
Does Dr Vasudevan do telehealth appointments?
- Yes. Consultations can be done via Skype linked in to your GP’s office. This is mainly done for patients that live in remote and rural areas.
- For patients that live in the Perth metropolitan area it would be preferable to come in person to the office.
Do I need a referral to consult a urologist? If so why?
- Yes you do need a referral to be seen by a urologist. The referral can be either from your GP or another specialist.
This is so that the specialist you are seeing is appropriate for your condition.
- On completing the consultation a letter is typed up and sent to your referring doctor detailing the outcome of the consultation and any subsequent follow-up that may be required.Also the referral is required so that you can receive a reimbursement for your consultation from medicare.
How long is a referral valid for?
- If the referral is given by your GP it is valid for 12 months.
- If the referral is given by another specialist it is valid for 3 months.
Are my medical records kept private and confidential?
- Yes absolutely. Our staff and myself have the utmost respect for your privacy and confidentiality.
- We will not release any of your private information to others unless we have obtained your written consent to do so.
What is the reimbursement from medicare?
- For the first consultation medicare will reimburse you $72.75.
- For all other subsequent consultations medicare will reimburse you $36.55.
- These amounts can be directly credited into your bank account from our office on completing your consultation without you having to go to the medicare office. For this to happen please register your bank account details with medicare.
Do I need private health insurance to see Dr Vasudevan?
- No you do not need private health cover to have a consultation with Dr Vasudevan. He is happy to see both private and public patients in his office.
- In the event you need a surgical procedure and do not have private health cover he is happy to perform your surgery in one of the public hospitals that he works in.
What about parking?
What about access to the first floor?
- Since our office is located on the first floor, it can be accessed either via stairs or a lift.
- To use the lift please park your vehicle in car park 2 and enter the building via the glass entrance doors adjoining car park 2.